These are just a few tips on how to stay safe out on the water this summer. Spring is here in Michigan and sunshine is just around the corner.
- Be sure to always wear your flotation device!
- Regular Maintenance: Perform suggested maintenance and visually inspect your watercraft prior to any usage.
- Time of day & weather: Avoid twilight hours and going out after sunset. Be sure to check the weather report before going out on the water.
- Use a spotter: You should always use a spotter when pulling a skier, tuber, etc.
- Hands up: If you fall in the water, be sure to put your hand in the air to signal other boaters that you are there.
- Watch for traffic: Waterways can get congested, just like on the road. Be aware of local passing and distance laws, be sure to keep your distance from docks.
LOCAL.FRIENDLY.INSURANCE www.WhitakerLaChance.com (269) 324-7700
About the author:
Aaron Whitaker joined Whitaker-LaChance in 2014 as a Personal Insurance Customer Service Representative. He brought with him extensive customer service experience from working in a retail professional camera store and computer electronic store for three years in Chicago. Aaron manages all personal insurance placement, marketing, account service and claim management. His expertise is in working with our clients to make sure their insurance program takes care of them through all the changes in life. Aaron is a graduate of Kalamazoo Home School Association and attended Columbia College in Chicago, where he studied Graphic Art Design. He is an avid photographer and enjoys fishing.